Sunday, 6 April 2014

U N W I N D

Bethany Plummer
(L to R) Olay Night Moisturiser, Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser, Body Shop Facial Brush, Ren Invisible Pores Detox Mask, Body Shop Vitamin C Night Serum-in-oil
Bethany Plummer
Ocean Salt, Rub Rub Rub, Hottie, Dream Time, Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds, Fluffy Egg, Vanilla Dee-Lite
Bethany Plummer
Yankee Candle, Snowflake Cookie, Limited Edition Christmas Candle.

So, apologies for barely blogging. I know I say I'm going to get back into it all the time, but seriously, this week I have off work will be solely for blogging and working around my job.
I thought I'd share with you what I use to really unwind and calm down my skin after a rough week. Friday nights for me are 'bath nights' (don't worry, it's not the only night a week I wash.) All week I have to have quick little showers in between work and bedtime, but Fridays, everyone is out of the house and I finally get a chance to relax.

F A C E

Apologies for the appalling dirty marks on the REN bottle (it's really annoying now that you've noticed it, right?)
I guess this is sort of a night-time skin care routine as these are all the products I use on a daily basis, minus the mask.
Every night, I'll start with some cleansing wipes. This will usually be a Niva or Body Shop type. I know face wipes are the devil of skin care but it really helps to just scrape off all the make-up and use these lovely products on bare skin.
After doing that, I'll use a face mask, the one pictured above is the REN Invisible Pores mask. I only use this one once a week so as not to waste it, but every other day I'll use Lush's Cosmetic Catastrophe which has the nicest, freshest smell.
After this, I'll take my body shop mini face brush, dampen it down and use circular motions all over my face with it before completely washing the mask off, I'll then apply my REN Clay Cleanser and do the same with the brush. This brush is deffo a holy grail product, I feel like it just really gets right into my pores and cleans them out completely. I've barely broken out in weeks thanks to this.
Before I moisturise I'll use a toner, which, I'm not going to lie, I totally forgot to photograph. I'll usually use my Lush Tea Tree toner, which is just really nice and fresh, but when I'm trying to relax and calm my skin, I'll go for The Body Shop's seaweed cleanser.
For a moisturiser I really enjoy The Body Shop's Aloe night moisturiser or this Olay one. The aloe is definetely better for when you don't feel like anything too heavy on your face, probably best in summer time. The Olay is lovely and thick, perfect for when your skin's feeling a little dull and dry.
Lastly, but oh my god not least, The Body Shop Vitamin C Night Serum-in-oil. I love this stuff, I live for it. It's not too expensive, around £11, and is the perfect balance between a serum and an oil. It is as soft as an oil and feels really oily when first applied, but then sinks in really well like a serum, and doesn't leave any excess oil when you wake up in the morning. It really takes away any red-ness from past and current scarring, and makes your skin soft as a babies bum!

B A T H & B O D Y

So while I'm running my bath, I'll pop in a bit of 'Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds' which is the most loveliest bubble bar, softening, much like the comforter only a much more grown-up scent rather than a girly, blackcurrent-y scent. Don't get me wrong, I love those girly smells, but lately I've really steered away from them and gone for more earthy tones in lush products.
As well as this, I like to use 'Dream Time' which is the little bath melt. Bath melts are great for a bit of oil in the bath, used with good bubbles and a lovely scrub, they leave you feeling softer than ever.
I'm loving the bath bomb 'Fluffy Egg' right now, it doesn't do much, just smells fab. My usual bath bomb of choice though, is currently 'Golden Egg.' I don't know if you've tried it but oh my gosh, it's soft on the outside like a bath melt, and hard on the inside like a bath bomb, smells like cocoa butter and is softening as anything. I love this thing.
My scrubs of choice are 'Ocean Salt' and 'Rub Rub Rub' the latter being my fave. Rub Rub Rub is a shower gel and scrub combined, although I don't think it says so on the pot, so I don't know how many of you would have known that, but now you do! I think that's a fabulous idea, as you can get clean and scuff off all those dirty dead skin particles all at once! It smells great too, I really hated the scent at first but once you get used to it, it's amazing and smells like the sea-side.
Ocean Salt is supposed to be a facial scrub, but it was loved so by everyone at Lush to use on the body that they invented a huge pot of it. It doesn't really soften as much as Rub Rub Rub, but it does have Vodka in it, which sounds crazy but I love it, because what cleans the skin and any cuts you have better than salt and alcohol? A little ouch, but worth it because it reduces a lot of red-ness on the skin.
Lastly, 'Vanilla Dee-lite' and 'Hottie' (the massage bar) are what I use after my bath, usually both together. I love anything vanilla scented, so the lotion is great. Very softening and smells amazing for hours.
Hottie is amazing for using on any dry patches, I also use it around my neck and behind my ears just so that I smell like it for the day. It has ginger and cocoa butter (and a lot of other lovely ingredients) in it, these are the two ingredients you can smell the most once it's been warmed up, the smell really sticks and you feel incredible all day.
To top all this off, of course I love a good candle. My current fave in the bath is Snowflake Cookie, some of you might recognise this as my favourite Christmas candle scent. I bought 2 of the large jars, and still have one left. Although I love more florally scents for my bedroom, when I'm in the bath I still love to burn this, the smell of cookies mixed in with the scent of cocoa butter when I break out 'Hottie' is amazing.

As you can see, almost all of my products are from Lush or The Body Shop, I love these two places as they're against animal testing and (mostly) completely natural/organic produce. I'm not totally against anything un-natural, but I do feel a lot cleaner and healthier when using something where I know exactly every ingredient used.
What are your favourite skin-care brands?

3 comments:

  1. love!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there is nothing more relaxing than a pamper night with some candles! I always have a yankee candle burning in my room! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Yankee candles, I've heard so many good things about them just never got round to buying one, I love anything from lush, all their bath bombs are lovely for having a relaxing bath
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete