Friday, 20 June 2014

Garnier Ultimate Blends 'The Sleek Perfector' Oil

Bethany Plummer


Can I just start this off by saying, I've never been so head-over-heels in love with a hair oil.
I've used loads of different hair oils, if you follow me on Instagram you'll know I have insanely frizzy hair, that definetely doesn't lack volume. 
The hair oils that stood out to me the most over the years have been VO5 Miracle Concentrate & Organix Moroccan Argan Oil. And of course, this one.

Its just the perfect blend of making hair sleek and shiny, without letting it go slack. I prefer to lessen the volume of my hair, unfortunately this doesn't do that, but I know most people are looking to keep volume in their hair, so you're safe with this one. It's a super softening oil, and no matter how much I pile onto my hair, it never goes greasy. I've experienced a slightly greasy feel with other oils, but never this one
The smell of it is ahhhh-mazing. It smells fairly similar to Palmers Coco Butter, which if you've smelt, it's a gorgeous warm scent.  
I prefer to use this on damp hair as it really calms down the frizzy-ness of my hair as it's drying, but occasionally I do use it on dry hair and it works just as well. I add a little between layers as I'm straightening or curling my hair. Still, no greasyness. 

I also love the Conditioner and Shampoo that matches this particular oil, they're super cheap too, Only around a couple of pounds each. 

Let me know if you've tried this oil and what you think, I know there are a couple other scents I'm interested to know what they're like!

2 comments:

  1. I'm tempted with this now actually, I'm always paranoid that hair oils will weigh my hair down and reduce volume but I'm so glad I've seen your review of this as my hair is a frizzy mess. Definitely thinking about ditching the argan oil!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a hair oil that won't make my hair look greasy for ages now! Thanks for the review hun, I'll definitely be trying this out!

    Em x

    What Emma Wears // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete