Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Self Confidence. July No. 1

Bethany Plummer
Bethany Plummer


Going back to an old blog post with this one... 
I'm having one of those days where I spend all day coming up with the perfect thing to write about... and then when I go to look at the pictures they all look like crap to me. Basically, I'm having a 'feel-like-crap-about-everything' day.
Which is why I've chosen to use these old pictures of me from lat year, and talk about confidence. 

I feel like confidence is something everyone has an issue with, while you think your best friend is so much prettier than you, 9 times out of 10, they feel like total crap about themselves too. 
Speaking honestly isn't something I do often, but I didn't have anything else to show you, or talk to you guys about today, and since every other blogger is becoming more openly honest about their opinions and feelings, I figure I can too. 
I don't know about you, but I spend a lot of time looking at old pictures of me, feeling like I 'looked better before.' The funny thing is, I look at pictures from 2 months ago and think that I looked better then... but 2 months ago I thought I looked better 2 months ago, 4 months ago I thought I looked better a month ago... it's a never ending cycle. I don't think I'll ever be totally happy with the way I look, hardly anyone is, but it would be nice if I could do things to raise that confidence. I get my fair share of compliments, and it's not like my girlfriend is ever too shy to tell me how nice she thinks I look, but nothing seems to work for me! Of course, some days I think I look nicer than others, but it doesn't make me happy with my appearance. I try everything, from exercise & healthy eating, to simply dressing differently and to be quite honest I'm so sick of changing my style every week in the hope that I'll look slimmer, or a new shade will suit my skin-tone better. 
Exercising makes me feel a whole lot better health-wise, but not in the way that I look. It doesn't help that I've broken out loads in the past few weeks too. 

Trying to go somewhere with my blogging, whilst trying to maintain a good attitude with my appearance is some-what a chore. I love blogging, but where I used to love taking pictures, I prefer to write now because it means I don't have to troll through a thousand pictures of myself looking rough as hell when in yesterdays pictures I looked totally fine! I'm probably being a bit hard on myself and making it sound MUCH worse than it actually is, but when it makes me not want to blog, it's kinda upsetting because I really do love doing it. 

Now, please don't mistake this as me fishing for compliments, acting as though I'm depressed or trying to relate. I don't need to relate to anyone, because I know we all feel like this sometimes. And for the record, I don't always feel like this! I'm actually a pretty happy person, I just have odd days each month where I don't feel as happy as usual. What I am looking for is something to inspire me into liking myself a bit more... 
So what do you guys do when you're feeling crappy? And does it actually work for you? I'd love to know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment