So, me and Jess have decided to become vegetarians when we move out, me and my parents take it in turns to cook, so when they cook chicken it's just easier to eat what they've made, but once we have to fend for ourselves we figured there's no point in buying meat, as we both want to be veggies! Although we're not starting yet, we're trying out some recipes and here's one for Quesadilla, I don't have any feed back on the comparison as I've never had them before! But Jess's feedback was that they were pretty close to the real thing, the ingredients are below, I haven't added measurements as I find it's just easier to make them with as much or as little cheese/potato/spinach as you want...
You will need (for 2):
1 Sweet Potato
4 Small Tortilla Wraps (2 for each person, to sandwich the layers!)
Around A tbs Of Tomato Puree or Pasta Sauce
First I like to set up all my ingredients!
- Begin by washing and chopping the sweet potato
- Boil them on a high heat for around 10-15 minutes
- Add spinach to the potatoes and water, leave for another 5-10 minutes
- While waiting for the potato and spinach, paste a thin later of sauce between each wrap (this helps the ingredients to stick and keeps the wraps held in)
- Top one side of your wrap with cheese
- Fork the potato, once soft, drain the water and mash the potato and spinach
- Top your cheese with the mashed veg and spread over the wrap, top with cheese and add the other wrap on top
- Toast lightly with a grill or toastie maker!
Honestly the easiest and quickest meal, it might not be much to look at but it's so filling and tastes amazing.
For pudding, we decided to go with something super quick and healthy! So we just made a couple of smoothies with frozen red berries, a spoonful of honey, oats, a banana and some almond milk. Blend it altogether with a few cubes of ice, when it's in the glass, top it with a few berries! Because they're frozen they kind of act as extra ice, and it looks so cute. If you want to see what the finish look for the smoothies was, take a look on my instagram.