Friday, 13 February 2015

Current Favourite Winter Lippy!

Rimmel Vintag

So I don't normally dedicate a post to one lipstick, but I've been uhm-ing and ahh-ing over this particular shade for a while now and thought I'd give my two cents about it.

Vintage Pink isn't exactly the right name for this lipstick, it's much more of a light mauve colour. When I swatched it, I was worried it would be too purple, I'm completely over the hype with purple lipsticks and have plenty anyway. But it's not at all, it's a lovely shade for the transition of winter to spring and is an easy colour to wear for any skin tone. Jess is much darker than me and it looks more of a nude/purple on her, if that makes any sense at all! It's one of those lipsticks that looks completely different on every skin tone and I love lippys like that, like M.A.C. Rebel.

It has a lovely creamy texture, and isn't drying at all. As gross as it sounds, I'm one of those people where wearing lipstick all day tends to make the crease of my lips go all gammy and sticky, but Vintage Pink doesn't do this at all. I would've maybe preferred it to be a little less creamy as it goes on pretty thick, but otherwise it's a good texture. The colour pay-off is amazing, I should've really inserted a picture of me wearing it but I'm sure it'll feature in a OOTD soon! It's almost completely opaque.

All in all, I really enjoy this lipstick and definetely want to try the range in more colours, I definetely need to stop spending all my money on M.A.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment